rotting copper.... what do you do??

I get a call from someone yesterday asking me for an estimate to make repairs in a 20 story apartment building that was built in the late 50s... Its kind of a fancy place downtown and is still considered an elite condo for this town....

They claim that all the copper drain lines in the building are starting to split and corrode and many pin holes are beginning to happen throughout the whole buiilding.. he claims that the main trunk line going down 20 floors is HD copper .:surprise:

The owner states that the last plumber they had in the place made some repairs but shook the place up so much that new holes were beginning to happen ,,
Of course I am sure that the plumber told this guy that it was a temporary repair and their will surely be more problems down the road..
Now this jerk owner is blaming the plumber for all the new problems...:vs_laugh:

He tells me that they have cut access holes here and there and he thinks somehow minor repairs can be made to this system

I told the fellow that this was gonna be a mess and it out of my league and started to give him names of places to call and he basically hangs up on me..

after he hung up I asked around and found out they dont pay for the work that gets done in the building, so he probably cheated the last plumber out of the dough.....


This is gonna be happenning more and more everywhere in the country and I wonder how things get repaired in New York city when things go rotten??

I am wondering if anyone has actually done something like this before in a 20 story apartment building and how in the hell would you go about it with people living in these condos???


Just throw on a full body haz mat suit ans let the crap fall where it wants to??? Their must be ways to divert the system but that is above my pay grade.....

good times




Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments