Question about leak in housing apartment

I live in Nyc housing apartment, in the projects. So the apartment 2 floors under me which is apt 4D have a leak in their kitchen walls. The leak got so bad that housing had to eventually take their kitchen wall completely out too along with the kitchen cabinets, same as 4D. Housing went to 5D and tore out their kitchen wall to see if the leak is coming from them. Their pipes was wet too, just like 4D. They came to my apartment which is 6D and made a small hole in the kitchen wall and my pipe was dry.

Now they want to send a plumber to my apartment. They said the plumber may have to tear out my kitchen sink, kitchen wall and cabinets. I’m pissed because they are gonna tear my whole apartment apart. If my pipe is dry then why do they need to tear up my apartment? They said it can be coming from between the floors but how do they fix something like that? I understand it’s their job but it’s going to be stressful dealing with my kitchen being destroyed

Edit: They found out where the leak is coming from. It’s coming from my bedroom which is the back of the kitchen wall. They opened a hole in my bedroom wall and it was a crack in the pipe. Everytime somebody ran the water upstairs you could see the cracked pipe in my bedroom wall leaking.

Anyone know how long this job takes and how big of a mess they will make
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments