How do you secure your truck

I am getting to the point now where I have quite a bit of money in tools in the back of my truck. It is a box style Chevy with a roll up rear door.

It uses the standard latch mechanism that you can put a padlock on. My concern isn't really over night, but when I stop at the supply house, or home center, or the occasional rough neighborhood.

I did a bunch of research on options for keyless entry, something I could quickly lock the back with a key fob on my way into the store, or back into the home, etc.

I could easily do a car alarm type system with door lock actuators, they are inexpensive enough and I could rig something up pretty easy that would send a pin through the door tracks or similar.

The problem with this system is there is not really a way to manually override in case the actuator fails. There is a system called the TailLock, that fits all the criteria, and I could easily make it instead of paying the 600 bucks they charge for the system.

I am not so sure my company would allow me to modify the truck that way though.

Are there any other options out there that I don't know about?

Must be:
-Keyless
-able to be overridden if part failure or lost power
-Prefer to not modify truck heavily, meaning no cutting of bumpers, etc. Screwing/bolting stuff to existing holes, that can be reversed is probably ok.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments