Honeywell

I'm a licensed plumber in NYC.
Three months back the gas valve on my tenants boiler failed and had to be replaced, I also change the pilot assembly and the thermo couple.
Last month that new thermo couple failed and coursed the piping to two radiators to freeze and burst and damaged the ceiling below. Luckily I was home and able to stop the leak before it did serious damage to the floor below.

I called Honeywell and was told they wouldn't pay for any of the damage, my response was that I wasn't looking for anything. The Company Rep became a little defensive telling me that the couple is not warranted and what do I want for a product that cost five bucks.

He said they are very delicate and that it would probably cost 70.00 to manufacture a reliable one. He felt bad and said he would like to do something for me, maybe send me some product.

I told him what I could use, he said he would have to check with the higher ups first.

I sent all the detail of some parts for my other boiler to keep for backup.

I also told him the I was able to buy a better couple for 17.00 made by Baso.

I thought they were long out of business.

A lot of you guy probable never heard of them, they go way back.

Not having heard from the Rep for two weeks, I wrote him and got chastised

because he wanted me to do the research and find the replacement parts

from there other line of products called Tradeline.

I don't need there free stuff that bad.

Honeywell is not the Company it was, like most, all there crap is coming out of China.

Try and by American, Baso is made in America and proudly displace it on the package. Honeywell can't say that.

I have installed thousands and thousands of Honeywell product in my 55 yrs. in the trade.

Shame on them
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments