Brew day

Ice day today! Brew day is on! I have the 10 gallon tun soaking with bleach, last person to use it left the lid on before drying. Bleach first, then pbw. Probably going to pull the false bottom out and detail it. $66 for grains, hops and yeast... no room for error! This will be my very first solo AG batch, 90 minute boil. Going to be a long day. 5.31 gallons of strike water, now I have to calculate sparge....


Attended the board meeting last night. Picked up a small roll of overseeing membership and volunteered for brewmaster for the upcoming firebrew. This spring will be a double bock. There’s been six or seven members of my club who have gone pro, plus we have a national judge for HB contests.

Today’s batch being a black I.I.P.A, with a potential ABV of about 10-12% is not my usual preferred brew. This one will go into bottles and age. I have become a fan of session beers, traditionally 3% or lower. Session beers came about because of poor potable water conditions back in the day.

About two years ago I brewed a chocolate chilly stout that is amazing in a chili, obviously the alcohol is evaporated off once done, but the flavor is amazing!
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments