What to do when they refuse...

What to do when they refuse? Yesterday I had a call to locate a leak and repair it, I saw stains and dripings on the wall below so I reset the toilet as it was rocking 180 degrees.

When that was fixed I found out the 3" ABS 45 at the base of the stack was cracked and leaking too. I told him I'd try to save the wye and 45 as they were glued together. When I cut it off I noticed the wye was loose and I saw it was also cracked under the slab.

This is where it got heated, I told him to do it properly I would have to break the concrete and replace it. I would need to go and get my chipper as its a tool I seldom need. This is where he started to complain "I don't believe in 2019 there isn't a product to fix this. I'm NOT paying you to go and get it , you should have it in your truck, bla bla bla etc."

My question is what do you do in this instance, my work order clearly states my rate applies to get tools or materials I don't usually carry. They always sign without reading that, even then they'll most likely throw a fit when I mention it later down the road.

How would you enforce it? Am I going to read all the terms and conditions to every customer I go to before I start work? Am I going to tell every single thing that can happen, I'd be there 3 weeks! I know some will say you didn't tell me that before you started but they still signed.

To finish the story I left the wye cracked I wrote on the work order he refused to replace the wye and the job wasn't guaranteed. He started to argue again why I wasn't guaranteeing the job! Jeezuz.





Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments