Taxes and obligations

Just finished a 2 1/2 hour phone conversation with the revenue agency. They were there to inform me of things I needed to know when starting a business. There's a few things that are just plain stupid.

1) Every receipt I get over 150$ while purchasing materials for example needs to state my company name to be able to deduct those taxes. The name proves I bought those things for the business. I said Home deeepoot doesn't write my company name on receipts nor any other big box stores, ebay, amazon etc.

She told me she had to check with a supervisor she had no idea. :rolleyes:



2) She said I had to have a log for the milage I was going to do with the van. Odometer at the beginning of the trip, end of the trip, the distance, the reason why. etc. I told her I tried in the beginning and it's just a nightmare and I stopped after 2 months.

For example I have 8 customers that week, going back home 8 times and 6 trips to the hardware store. I would have to write the odometer 44 times, calculate the distance 44 times, write the reason for each trip. If I forget 2 days to log everything in I'm really screwed now to calculate 15 entries using google map figuring the odometer for each entry, distance traveled etc.

FRACKING NUTS!!!! I told her I never seen any plumbing company do that ever! So anyone here have a device that attaches to the odometer to collect all that data without this nonsense? :vs_OMG:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments