K-40af

I finally took this thing off my van today and it felt so good.


I don't want to say I don't like it or that it's a bad machine, it just wasn't right for me. There are a number of things I don't like about it though.


-The 5/16" and 3/8" cables it came with are garbage and each kinked in many places on the first try. The 3/8" was actually hollow.


The connection on the 3/8" used a sharp object to depress the locking pin which held the heads on. I am no butterfingers and found it very difficult not to stab my self in the palm when trying to unlock the heads.



-The foot pedal is glued on so it doesn't rotate and frequently comes unglued. Although it is just pvc so I can easily reglue it. The not rotating thing was really annoying because each time you lifted to reposition the tubing would pull the foot pedal out from under your knee. I never got around to attaching a general foot pedal instead.


-The guide hose kinks easily causing it to grab the cable inside.


-The cables flip over easily in the drum.


-Holding the drive paddles will give you arthritis after the first job. I just held them with channellocks.




That's about it. I was hesitant but since I got my general mini-jet about 9 months ago I haven't needed a small diameter snake. And even in the year preceding that I maybe used the k-40af once or twice begrudgingly. I would like to convince my boss to order me the general drain rooter ph. Seems like a much more well thought out design of the same general idea. Also, because it's drive unit is a standard corded drill I may be able to swap it for a cordless drill ;)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: k40af.jpg Views: N/A Size: 51.2 KB ID: 110208  

Attached Images
 
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments