Info as per gans post on code

Quite a few mentions of Legionaires Diease ... Here's more from yours truly.


1976 Philadelphia Legionnaires' disease outbreak
The Bellevue-Stratford Hotel, site of the first known outbreak of Legionnaires' disease. The hotel closed in November, 1976, four months after the outbreak.
The 1976 Legionnaires disease outbreak, occurring in the late summer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was the first occasion in which a cluster of a particular type of pneumonia cases were determined to be caused by the Legionella pneumophila bacteria.
Now from Parr’s history book …
In 1976 I had a customer, his name was Gary Latimer. His field was medicine, he was an infectious disease Doctor – he was affiliated with CDC in Atlanta.

The newspapers here were full of the killing of many in Philadelphia. I called my customer Gary Latimer and asked him “have you considered a plumbing cross connection” as the cause of the problem in Philadelphia. His reply was Bill what are you talking about? I explained to him about the contamination that could occur when plumbing gets fouled up. He said I didn’t know that could occur in today’s plumbing can you draw a diagram of such? I did and I took it to him, a quick glance and he said I have a meeting tomorrow in Atlanta this is going along to that meeting. A day or two later the problem was found in the make up water in the cooling tower. Did my questions and drawing have anything to do with this, I don’t know. Dr. Latimer moved to Illinois shortly thereafter and I never heard from him again.

But Plumbers Really Do Protect The Health Of The Nation

Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments