Boiler Problems,,Heat wont shut off at 180-200

The ol boiler is at it again :(
It has been fine all this season,Then the other day I noticed it was really cold. I went to go check on it and no flame,and it wouldnt relight. So the next day I went and got a thermocoupler and installed it and fired right up!

Then later that evening we came home to a mess! The high pressure release valve released at over 30psi. So we cleaned up and let it cool down then ran it again,noticed the pipes upstairs was getting hot,so went around and bled the valved in the pipes,,Got out a TON or air. So it seems a bit better but the heat will keep rising past what the aquastat is set at,,was set to 200 by who ever set it,,I turned it to 180 but it doesnt matter cause it wont shut off until the thermostat is tripped.

The aquastat does look old and crusty and can very well be bad,,As for the relay I think I hear it clicking by turning the thermostat off and on,Does that same relay also get controlled by the aquastat?

Any suggestion on what else to check,or think that aquastat is bad? Thanks!
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments