Someone Stole My Tools!

So yesterday I woke up to one of the worst things that can happen to a tradesman. My tools were stolen from my locked work truck as it sat in my driveway overnight. I lost pretty much every hand tool I had. Fortunately the thieves did not get my Packout Box which I had brought inside when I locked up my truck for the night. So I have a few tools left. My boss and coworkers are very understanding about the situation and I will probably be able to borrow whatever tools I need to keep working. But I am going to be severely hindered until I can replace what was stolen.
It took me 2 years to build my tool set up to where it was. And I was finally starting to earn enough money to start upgrading into the more professional brands. Now I am back where I started. Now instead of spending my Christmas bonus on some extra presents for my wife and kids I'm purchasing the most essential of my missing tools. Fortunately the local Ferguson is giving me a really good deal on the tools.
For those of you who have suffered the same sort of disaster. What was your process for re-buying your tools? Did you just take the hit and buy everything you could right away, or did you do it in stages?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments