propane torbo torch

for years when I first started I humped around the B-tank and an MC tank for the turbo torch and as time when by they became heavy, also in the very cold the yellow powder would come out and if you used it with a big tip some of the acetone would come out and it could be dangerous if you pulled too much acetylene out of the tanks too fast,and last the price has just gone up up up.. so I started using propane and mapp gas and seemed the small cylinders lasted just as long as a B tank and were a fraction of the cost, not to mention weight and space on the truck. I used a turbo head that threaded onto the small cylinders and worked great 95% of the time, the issue I had was the tail of the flame was too big for small spots near flammables.
I would use a spray bottle of water to wet down were I needed to solder and sprayed any flames that flared up, but that was a pain and sometimes just getting the whole torch into tight spots didnt work, so I picked up a new propane turbo torch brand with the hose and regulator , the regulator has a big propane tank fitting, so for about 8 bucks I got the adapter that lets me connect the small propane canisters and wala...just what I wanted..the turbo torch kit came with 2 torch nozzles and I bought a smaller one for those tight spots you want just a small flame that hits the copper and the tail of the flame is very short and doesnt burn anything it shouldnt...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: PC200010.jpg Views: N/A Size: 470.7 KB ID: 109788  

Click image for larger version Name: PC200013.jpg Views: N/A Size: 410.9 KB ID: 109790  

Click image for larger version Name: PC200011.jpg Views: N/A Size: 458.5 KB ID: 109792  

Click image for larger version Name: PC200012.jpg Views: N/A Size: 476.8 KB ID: 109794  

Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments