Power outage on Thanksgiving

We had pretty much a county wide power outage on turkey day. Lucky for me I had a generator to keep the turkey cooking. Mine was only out a few hours, other people lost theirs for up to 12.

Other people were not so lucky, and probably lost the bird partway through the cook.

I feel for them, I really do.

I'm seeing people complaining about losing the food, and other people saying there's a way to get reimbursed by the power company for lost food. Then I see people saying that they lost a week's worth of food due to the outage.

Seriously? A 12 hour power outage lost you a weeks worth of food? I kinda doubt it.

So now this power company that had their people out in this crappy storm repairing the lines that were damaged by the storm so all of these ungrateful F*CKS should have electricity AT ALL on Thanksgiving should suddenly have to reimburse people for a week's worth of food? Give me a fornicating break.

Some of these people are just p*ssies who are too afraid to try and eat something that was in a refrigerator (still cold unless you left the door open) for 12 hours, and the rest of them are looking for a free handout.

Had my turkey been ruined we would have just eaten the food that we prepared the night before, and moved on with our life. Who cares about a 20 dollar Turkey?

It's called Thanksgiving for a reason. Be thankful that they got your power back on and none of them got hurt.

This kind of sh*t really makes me insane.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments