Methods for Multiple Bend connections

I looked for this topic in the forum, wasnt successful in finding it. I am wondering if anyone is aware of a method of connecting a service to a new main, using multiple bends, without doing it "by eye".

I prefer measurements, well, any solution that doesn't require eyeballing it. The usual scenario involves at least 90 degrees worth of bends, and half of the time, it is on a live sanitary service. If there exists a method to get me close, before (key word) I cut the service, I would love to hear it. Eyeballing, to me, is just plain wrong. Each time, I have a hell of a time with the fernco at the end, and I usually end up wading waist deep in poop.

FYI: I don't know if this matters, but the bends we use are (probably) true. a 45 is 45 degrees. We have play, at least a degree due to the rubber (or nitrile) gasket in each bend.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments