Leak Detection

I've confirmed there is a leak on the line from the meter to the cutoff in my house, if I shutoff the valve in the house the meter moves very slowly.

The slab floor in my house is 7'-8' above the main and there is a trickle of water coming out in an expansion joint in my driveway, so the leak is somewhere from there to the cutoff. My neighbor works for a buried utility location service and may be able to locate the approximate placement of the line. It's possible the line runs under my driveway and the garage slab.

Is it worth paying for a leak detection service or would it be better to replace whole line from meter to the house? One of my neighbors had a leak and it took several leak detection services to finally locate the leak, not cheap.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments