HO living in NJ - need advice on gas WH

HO, recent and my gas water heater - AO Smith left by previous owner is severely rusted and home inspector advised me strongly to replace it.

My friends are all telling me to drop by in HD or Lowes and then hire a plumber from various Groupon deals or postal coupons and I am done.
However, I believe in quality and primarily safety above all. With that note - I approached 3 to 4 local dealers and they exclusively carry AO Smith but all with 6 year warranty. However, Lowes has AO Smith too but have 12 year warranty. Is there any difference?
Few of my friends are advising me against AO Smith stating their quality is now not what it was. Then when I looked at Bradford White surprisingly not 1 friend of mine who had them from 200x / 201x years have a good story. Almost everyone tells me the new BW dies right after warranty - which is 6 years.
What is my option here? I am starting to lean towards Rheem carried by Home Depot. Many have stated that Rheem is lasting long.
I do not want to spend over a 4 figure mark (with installation) for just 6 years.
Also - really is there any difference between a 6 vs 8 vs 12 year same brand model?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments