Greetings, and Salutations

I have been working in the Sewer and Watermain sector, for roughly 5 years. Split between sub-divisions, and reconstruction.

What real plumbers do, within a building, is roughly my job 1 meter from it.

I am hoping to join the forum, as my profession, at best, consists of two "courses", one a 6 week, the other an 8 week one, which are not requirements. We are supposed to learn on the job. There is no resources available for additional training, except our foremen, and other pipelayers. That usually results in contradictory information.

I have always believed that the best way to judge another person's skill, is to watch the guy that works after him. The more profanity that is coming from the 2nd trade, usually means he has to fix the previous guy's job, to make his work.

I will say that I made some gross mistakes. I assumed minimum fall, is minimum fall. I put a manhole in, did the grades, and then checked to make sure the building's outlet would make my manhole's inlet. When the plumber came in, there was a little bit of an issue. I did the numbers to fit my minimum fall, which is, well, 0.5% give or take. On a level, that's touching the line. Turns out, Quarter bubble (2%+/-) is interior minimum fall. Oops. My bad.

Unfortunately, I simply cannot afford to take the time off to do the Plumbing school.

My hope, is not the repeat the mistakes of my past, that way, if you are doing a connection to my line, you don't have to swear as much. Ideally, I'd love to be able to say that you wouldn't have to swear at all; however, I am a realist.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments