critique this hydronic system

Looking for imput on a hydronic system I hooked up for a friend. To be fair I didn't design it, it's basically an identical system to his last one that he had for 14 trouble free years. I'ts a 50 gal 38k btu nat gas, honeywell 1" air eliminator, grundfos 15-58, st-25 expansion tank and a taco single zone controller.
Hope I can get the pics to upload. the couple issues the system is having is erratic pressure, it was at 10 the other day when I left and the supply temp was only up to 90. The homeowner informed me the stat satisfied and shutoff then the pressure jumped to 42, I'm not super worried about the pressure seeing how it's on a domestic tank. The other issue is the fluid in the tank has been heating for a couple days and hasn't reached 100 degrees yet, the flame didn't really chnge much from a low setting to high. I can't imagine it's a gas volume problem it comes in 1" reduces to 3/4" then close nipple to 1/2"x3/4" bullhead tee feeding it and the domestic. I am thinking of replacing the boiler drain on the return side with an automatic air bleeder as I think the pressure fluxuation could be caused by air, although the system was running smooth no gurgling or cavitation. I should also mention the system is filled with cryotek 100 at 50% dillution.
Any thought or suggestins are appreciated, thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 20181114_134219.jpg Views: N/A Size: 302.4 KB ID: 109418  

Click image for larger version Name: 20181114_134224.jpg Views: N/A Size: 270.2 KB ID: 109420  

Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments