Coworker trouble

Hello everyone, seeking some advice. Been working with a guy for three weeks. We are both new to the company. He has known our supervisor for 15 years. He has also been plumbing much longer than I. I’m an apprentice btw.

In the past few weeks I’ve had one job foreman complain to me about my coworker leaving on the phone for excessive amounts of time. He calls his GF in the middle of the day multiple times. I’m new, but this doesn’t jive with my work ethic from my previous career. He smokes in the company vehicle(against policy) does a lot more bull****ting than anyone I e ever seen.

He says he’s trying to tie up personal work still and that he’s scattered. He’s always late btw. Our supervisor, who is a hell of a guy for taking a green horn like myself on, asked me the other day about what I thought about my coworker. I didn’t say all that I could. Only said that I like to work and keep working and get the job done and done right.

Should I let nature take its course? I’m learning from this guy......when he actually works. I don’t want to be a snitch either. Supervisor told me that there are a ton of jobs for us and the quicker when finish one the better.

Any help would be appreciated.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments