What annoys me about new construction

is when people mess with the system and don't even bother attempting to call.

I've got a 1-1/4" gas line in this house and they decided to move part of the wall that it was in over about 24"

So rather than call me to come help them figure out a solution or disassemble something to make it easier, they took it upon themselves to pull the riser out of the line coming up through the subfloor.

The 90 under the floor was below grade, so the dirt caved into the pipe, then it rained. I pulled the cap off outside and it drained out probably 4 cups of water.

All they would have had to do was cut a slot in the subfloor where the wall is, and slide the offset toward the outside of the building. The slot would be covered by the wall and the gas line still intact.

I guess I don't mind doing it twice, but I just know that it's going to be a struggle installing that offset from underneath the house.

/rant :vs_mad:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments