"Deep Wells" rant

The "deep well" systems somebody around here installed is going to make me lose my mind. So far it's all i've seen. Heck, my well is about 30 feet, and it has a submersible in it. Someone did it right. :001_unsure:

22-25 foot deep cisterns with deep well setups on them.

I just replaced the whole system for a guy today. Pump was not shutting off, so I spent a lot of time pulling his old poly out of the cistern adding hose clamps to all of the barb fittings to ensure there were no leaks, checking the venturi setup and the foot valve down below, reassembling everything and still no improvement. The only thing that made sense at that point was that his 10 month old ace brand pump had worn impellers from sucking up sand which I did find some of in the venturi. When I replaced the drop pipe it seemed that the old foot valve was probably sitting on the bottom IN the sand. When I fired it back up, it instantly clogged his filter, so I made sure to take that thing up about 6" from the bottom.


I'm going to have to get to the point where I see one of these and tell them it's going to be about a grand to replace the whole system unless you want me here for two days troubleshooting each individual component of the system. The reality is that it's not worth more than a couple of hours trying to save somebody a $500 bill for a new pump, and none of these are set up properly for troubleshooting. :vs_mad:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments