Yellow teflon tape

Just wondering what you guys think of using regular white teflon tape versus yellow on natural gas? Im thinking the white not legal but dought any differance other than yellow thicker. My Brother got all over me using white on his house small line we added. He told me So cal gas gave him hard time once years ago. But Ive done high rise you name it never been an issue. supposedly plugs up orfices I dont know we never put drip legs on what about all the other crud in the gas line oil , chips , dirt.
Im thinking I probebly shouldnt be using the white because it might be technically illegal and could avoid an issue with an inspector but in reality cant see any possible problem. Here again Ive run gas on many hundreds of homes wrapping every or nearly every joint without a problem.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments