Purchasing

Hey all. I have a question on purchasing material from a large supplier.

First off, I'll explain my situation.
About 5 months ago, I broke my collarbone and was unable to work in the field for a couple months. So my boss (dad) moved me into the office to keep me busy doing submittals. That was going well and I figured out a lot of things to speed up the process and make our sub's look a lot more professional (like an online submittal building program called Submittal Manager, it's great). I then started taking online classes for BIM, which is also going well. My boss decided to keep me in the office full time to continue the good work I was doing. I was working with our purchase manager to create submittals and keep everything in order.

Well, sadly, our purchase manager passed away a week and a half ago. She worked for a plumbing supplier for many years and knew just about everyone at their locations in the area. After retiring from there, my dad hired her to work on our office and she got VERY good deals on all of our orders.

All the purchasing is now my job and I'm beginning to be a bit overwhelmed with keeping up with everything. Not only am I not getting any where near the prices she was getting, I'm getting mixed up with what material has been picked up, what hasn't, what is on backorder and needs to be picked up, what hasn't, etc.

So I'm really just looking for some advice on how to speak with these supply reps to get me at least close to what she was getting, as well as some advice and tips to keep organized with the 15ish jobs we have going on at basically all times.

Thanks in advance, I'll respond as much as I can.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments