New customer, drain’s still not open

Picked up a new customer last week. They manage the maintenance for HOs, Ada bath remods, a bunch of other stuff too.

I met the owner at his clients home Thursday for a lav drain. No big deal right. Tried cabling it, pulled back roots. Cast iron underground, but in the mechanical room next to the bathroom you can see a floor repair. The previous owner did a bunch of remodeling and the lav drain is pvc going into the floor. (Had to bring it up to code, it was an S trap.) After doing some more testing I believe the main was partially plugged, however not backing up yet.

We had a good amount of rain and the phone kept going off ringing with sump pump and flooded main lines including the company’s own house, which went well.

Got back today, met the HO and got more history about his house. Cabled the main, roots. Went for a second attempt at the lav. Pulled out more roots but still couldn’t get it to drain. Tried plunging, didn’t work. I hate doing this, but I shopvacked out as much water as I could and poured clobber into the clean out. Turned the stops off and going back next Monday.

I don’t have a whole lot of faith, once I get my clogchopper to the bad spot, about 3’ away, it’ll spin, not bind, but I had to give it a heck of a yank to get it out.

Just another oddball drain... just wish it wasn’t the first job for a new customer.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments