Anyone use a SDS Max Spade bit?

The company I work for is small one truck, three guys and the boss. We do mostly new construction so I see everything from ground work to rough through finish.

I don't mind ground work. Most of the time it's usually just trenching gravel except for tub boxes and Crocks. Some times we do have to dig a bit of dirt and here in Louisville Kentucky and the surrounding counties it's usually clay, hard packed clay with rocks and clay with "who the **** put these boulders in there"

So before I run out and buy another tool I was hoping to get some insight on these Spade bits in SDS Max. I see harbor freight and Bosch have one in the same price range.

Are they worth it? Could they be used for packed gravel and clay for Crocks and tub boxes? Are they useful enough to justify the space taken up in a truck that is already packed or what I fear is by the time I run to the truck get it out and get set up I would've been done if I just stuck with the shovel.

Well thanks in advance and I highly appreciate any replies.
Dennis

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments