What do you do when they receive the bill and complain?

How do you act when a customer receives the bill and they say they didn't think it would cost that much or they gasp or something or other comments? Right now I say nothing as they have been informed many times. I don't ask for a review either!


I went there yesterday and she didn't have the key to get in. She thought the tenant had changed locks. So I had to go back this morning.

I tell them the hourly rate, service call plus taxes on the phone and I show them again when they sign before I start. Quite frequently like today it's impossible to say how much it's going to cost or how much time it's going to take. I had to mess around cutting the steel bolts of a toilet to find out the flange was broken, the floor a mess.

I showed her midway what it looked like. I also asked her if she wanted a new valve because it wasn't holding and told her the flat rate price to change it. She accepted.

I also asked the husband which fill valve he wanted on another toilet and I told him the price for the econo one or the deluxe one. He chose the premium one. Then when I was finished I explained the bill told her I didn't charge for my wasted time yesterday but she still had to comment.


While she's writing the cheque she tells me she found the key and it was in the pile and said she had many properties. You not so broke after all and the money is rolling in!
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments