People are generally bad at communicating.

Thursday of last week I went to this leak underground in a section of a line that supplies a 3 or 4 unit mobile home complex that is basically torn down except for one unit and an RV type trailer that is there temporarily for some family.

There are no visible signs of leaking on the surface so they were wanting a cost to replace the line. I go to look and there's about a 4" deep ditch with piping exposed at the meter about 18" down and also at the last remaining mobile home where the line disappears and continues probably beneath the thing.

I told them worst case 4 hours to replace that section of line, but that it's probably worth the cost to try and install a valve where the line disappears under the mobile home. You'll need one there regardless for when you tear it down, and this way we can eliminate the possibility of a line underneath that thing leaking.

So I put the valve on and it unfortunately didn't stop the leak.

She told me that the landlord / owner of the property is making them pay for labor/equipment and he will buy the parts (pvc). They started digging Friday and were supposed to let me know how it went, but as of this morning still nothing. Left them a message and I guess that's that.

At least I got paid for putting the valve in.

They probably put the new line in themselves, or will call at 7 pm tonight needing it done before tomorrow or the city will shut them off.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments