Need help with Spartan 300

Storytime.

Earlier this week I thought it was sounding different but acted normal. I figured it might be the brushes, I replaced them about 3 years ago and planned on checking it out this weekend.

Today I cabled a main line as a prevent, perfectly fine. Later on I had a duplex main line that for some reason I have to cable once a month. Once in awhile I get some root hair, but mostly sewer mice.

When I got there I looked in the outside clean out, dry. The tenant had just got home from work and the neighbors weren’t home. Her shower was holding, but the stool had emptied. I figured maybe the shower just needed to be plunged so I ran the outside clean out. Line is only 25’ long! So what the heck, right? Machine acted normal.

Grabbed my plunger and headed inside. Plunged the heck out of it, no luck. Flushed the stool, backed right up. So I plugged the shower drain, pulled the stool and brought the 300 inside.

Ran fine for a minute, enough to get to the blockage then it said it was done. It would still spin, just very slowly. Tried to punch a hole with my 100, not ideal and a bit risky, but worth a shot. Still backed up.

My guess is the gear box is shot. Tomorrow I’m going to see if I can Frankenstein it together with my spare parts machines. It’s the old style. If I can’t fix it I’ll have to order this. http://www.spartantool.com/products/...w-gear-box-300

Now what I don’t know is if this new style will work on the old frame and drum. I don’t want to pester my rep on a Friday or on the weekend, so I figured I’d bug you guys. Really don’t want to invest in a new machine quite yet.

Thanks in advance!
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments