H20/treatment experts?

Ok - I’ll say this doesn’t belong in off topic since it’s at least 1/2 plumbing related. Firstly, I know next to nothing about filtration and tratment methods other than general overview type stuff.

I’ve been turning into a vinyl junkie for the past few years, which my fellow junkies already know comes with many headaches and insanities lol - non junkies who don’t know : it does 🙂 one of these is getting records completely pristine residue free clean. Lately I’ve been working out a home brew formula for ultrasonic cleaning with water (distilled or de-ionized if I can source it), iso alcohol, and a surfactant/emulsifier. This is all well and good, but it means I should also be rinsing after to remove possible residues from the emulsifier, which means my best option for rinse water would be to make my own supply, possibly even a dedicated rinse table/sink. I could handle using a 5 gal bucket and a small electric pump, or possibly even making a custom r/o or other treatment spout with a ball valve and tubing at my ks air gap hole, or whatever. The thing I’m not sure about is my best treatment option for 1000% pure water - like does r/o take out all traces of minerals/hardness/etc? And what about like “zero water” or some other drip to pitcher method? Don’t want to spend a fortune on the tratment but do want extreme purity - if it’s not something that can be done with no more than an under-sink system or it’s big $$$, then it is what it is.

Suggestions?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments