water heater won't drain

I have a electric Bradford White 50 gallon water heater that I am trying to drain. House is only a year old but I know you are suppose to drain every now and then. I am having a problem getting water to drain. This is what I am doing, which follows the owners manual.


1.)Turn off the power to it.
2.)Hook up the house to the brass fitting at the bottom
3.)Turn off the cold water valve
4.)Go upstairs and turn on a hot water faucet
5.)Open the brass screw down beside where I hooked the hose up.


Water comes out fine for 5 seconds and then pretty much stops. I tried to open up my pressure relief valve at the top but when I do that water comes out. I do have a pressure tank, could that be causing an issue? Thanks for your help.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments