Less-Than-Reputable Commercial Faucets

I went to a new customer the other day. She owns a lot of land with horses and a stable. She wanted me to remove her old slop sink with faucet and install her owner-supplied stainless steel restaurant style sink with a commercial style faucet {8" spread}. The slop sink was in the break room of the stable for her employees.
So I get her Krowne brand faucet installed and the pig leaks from where the brass ells are behind the sink. Then the pig leaks from the front where the brass all-threaded nipples attach to the Krowne brand faucet.


I proceed to tell the lady that the garbage is no good and she needs to purchase either a T&S Brass or Chicago brand-name faucet.


Next day I was able to get back and complete the work and of course the name-brand {T&S Brass } faucet made in the USA is perfect.


My first time installing Krowne and my last. The company is in Wayne, NJ and the junk is made in Taiwan. I don't know if the brass 1/2" ells were machined incorrectly just on a small batch, or many of them are like this.


My advice to my highly-esteemed plumbing professionals here at PZ is to avoid Krowne brand commercial products like the plague. The label from the packaging said, "Crafted in Taiwan." What a joke. The kit was model: 21-190L Wall Faucet Mounting Kit.


I sent Krowne an e-mail last week. No one ever responded. What junk.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments