Fun estimate

I'm going this afternoon to do an estimate for a bathroom reno. The first time someone accepts to pay. The woman told me they've been waiting a month for an illegal plumber to show up and want it done now

I don't think I'll be giving a big discount on the quote from my regular rate, all the construction shops in the entire province are still closed for another week.



Well my estimate is going to be fun, the guy only chose one thing for the bathroom and it's a wall hung toilet (Grohe) with a flush valve inside the wall. I've never installed one and the carrier is probably made for 2x4 walls.

Not sure how I'm going to count that, at least 5 hours for the carrier and hopefully when they remove the floor I can reroute the pipe into the wall.

Then theres this free standing tub flush to the wall, it shouldn't be too bad with the new drain contraption where you only drop the tub with the drain tube tail piece into the thing.

To top it off they are hiring a neighbor and seems he's a youngster who's doing most of the other work. They supposedly hired an electrical contractor. I don't know what pitfalls I can get into.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments