Water Heater and Electrical Connection

I got a magazine the other day and they were talking what a plumber or master plumber was allowed to do or not.

Turns out in my province we are not allowed to disconnect or connect the wiring on water heater or other appliances like a dishwasher. It is really stupid as in our plumbing and heating school which is mandatory for all construction workers we are shown how to wire and diagnose the electricity of water heaters and furnaces and how to replace those parts. We also have exams on that but lawfully we can't even touch it?

When I went to school fo my contractor liccence there is a law where it states we can to a small job that's related to our trade without hiring, like insulation, drilling holes in concrete, hooking a furnace thermostat etc.


I never heard a plumbing company have an electrician on site when replacing a residential water heater. How crazy to have an electrician have him test the continuity on the element so I can swap it out.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments