Toilet Valve Shut-off Assistance Needed!!!

Hello everyone.
To start-off with I am not a professional plumber AT ALL. But I am a condo owner, eager to learn and currently doing some much needed updates on our unit.

Here’s the story:
We are replacing our toilet – see attached of how old one was set-up. When I turned the toiled valve shut off I realized it didn’t actually shut off the water, it only turned it off about 85% so I still had water coming out so I want to replace the shut off. Turned off water to entire unit, bought a Sharkbite valve shut-off, took my Grinder with a diamond blade and sawed-off the old valve. Then pushed on Sharkbite as much as I could, turned on main water but noticed I would have a drip…drip…drip every 10 seconds which appeared to be coming from the rear of the Shark where the copper pipe attaches.

I figured it’s a defective Shark, back to Home Depot for a another one then cut off the existing Shark because there is no way in heck I can pull it off. Push on the 2nd new Shark and same issue: drip…drip…drip. :vs_mad:

Here are my questions and welcome any support:

1) I personally do not want to use a Sharkbite. I found something on Youtube called a Compression Valve which I feel is much safer than something I just “push” on like the Shark.
2) If I go with a Compression Valve, which kind and size of fitting do I need so it will fit the copper pipe from the wall & the fitting for the toilet pipe?
3) Since I have cut this copper pipe twice I want to know how much copper pipe is needed to fit into a Compression Valve since now I am getting scared if the third valve I get doesn’t work I am running out of copper pipe to work with!
4) Is my diamond blade ok to cut the copper pipe with or will it damage my blade? I use the same blade to cut ceramic tile & I don’t want to damage my blade


:crying:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments