Tips and Treats (What I learned today)

So when I was an employee I very frequently got people giving me treats... jars of home made jams and those kinds of things. Occasionally people would throw me 20 bucks even if i told them that I didn't want it, they would refuse to let me leave without it. That was nice.

My boss always whined about people never giving him stuff because he's the boss and people don't want to tip a business owner.

Well today I realized (again) that he's full of crap.

What people like : Plumbers who work hard, treat them like humans, and are up front and honest about everything. My first job I got a nice fancy jar of homemade jam. Today I finished my drain repipe and even though it was a pretty hefty bill, he still tipped me a $100 bill along side a personal check for the full amount.

Yes, as a business owner it is still possible to get tips. I have never expected them, but it is nice to know when people truly appreciate your hard work and dedication.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments