One man water heater installation?

Hey, I have a one man shop right now. I don't have near the volume of work to hire a helper just yet.

I recently started taking calls from a home warranty company, and my first call was a 50 gallon water heater that needed changing out. I ended up calling a buddy to come help me lift it after work for $60 cash. I don't mind paying a little cash for a hand, but I'm worried about a day where nobody will be available to help.

An old coworker talked about a "belt trick" to picking up heaters by yourself. Anyone have any experience installing 40 or 50 gallon heaters by yourself into closets that are about 12 to 18 inches high? Especially in situations where the heater is taller than the door. It wouldn't be such a puzzle if I could pick it up and install the bottom first and just lean it in. The thing is you have to go top fist and still manage to sit it in a pan.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments