Odd Well system thoughts?

This seems really odd to me. A customer asked me to look over their well system and see if there is anything that looks odd to me. Yeah, there's a filter housing and cartridge just dangling from pvc pipes. That needs to be mounted somewhere.

Other than that, they have 2 pressure tanks, which isn't a huge deal, but one of the tanks has a bladder and one does not. I've never seen a setup like this before.

She said whoever sold her the house told her she had to go out and flush the bladderless tank out periodically so she just turns on the drain valve on the bottom until it runs clear. I told her I didn't think that it was a filter, but they have it plumbed like one because it has multiple ports in and out.

The bladder tank is a 60 gal and the bladderless tank is a 40 gal.

I suppose it's possible that they are just using that tank as a settling tank to let some of the crud fall out of the water before it hits the filter cartridge.

That's probably more likely because they are using a top port on the tank, which eliminates the possibility of capturing air inside of it.

I'm just bouncing my internal monologue here. I guess it actually makes a little more sense thinking of it as a settling tank.

Self reflection complete. :vs_cool:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments