Learning resources

I've mentioned before that i'm always up for learning new stuff.

Yesterday I looked at one of those tiny houses. Whomever built the thing decided that he didn't want to do the plumbing and turned the thing over to the owner. The guy installed a small gas tankless water heater and it has some of that 3" corrugated dryer flex bent and squished into something that resembles a fitting more than 90 degrees, and out the side wall.


My admission : I'm not particularly well versed in water heater venting. My previous place of employment was in such an area where gas systems were all private because of ground movement, and most of the water heaters were electric anyway. I don't think I installed a single gas heater until we started doing tankless and even then, those were condensing units that used pvc.

This one has some kind of a metal exhaust connector and draws air from inside the room. I understand that there is some kind of requirement for air drawn in based on BTU load, which is fine, and calculable based on the code book. What I don't understand are the different types of metal exhaust piping, how to identify the difference between them, different parts and pieces that are available.

Maybe this isn't rocket science, but I am in unfamiliar territory and I want to do something to make myself more confident in this aspect of my job. I think admitting to myself that this is a potentially hazardous situation and erring on the side of caution is a good start. :vs_laugh:

What kind of resources are out there for self educating?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments