Building a website..... Manufacturers?

So I'm building myself a site using wix. It's a pretty cool way to help people who have minimal experience using html coding. I've done some when i was younger but really basic stuff.

Anyway, I thought it would be cool under a "Sales & Installation" tab or page to have a list of manufacturers that I have access to through my suppliers. I would make them clickable links so that people could find the sites easier when they want me to help guide them when picking out fixtures.

So I went to the contact information on a lot of the manufacturers and fired off emails, and by God, this is a lot harder than it should be. I got a few responses back telling me I need to contact corporate office, or talk to the factory rep. Some didn't respond at all. One that did respond and even followed up with a second email said they wanted to look at my site to see what the placement was going to be even though I sent them an example of another site that does something similar to what i'm thinking about.

It doesn't even really make sense to me. This is like free advertising to them. Granted, i'm small time, but why is it so difficult?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments