I should have bought a drain snake....

Last night I get a call from a friend of my mom who just so happens to be THE main radio personality on the morning show here locally. They own a ton of rentals and yesterday their tenants called with a drain stoppage. Her husband couldn't get there because of the tenant's work hours.

Crossed my fingers and hoped that it was some leftovers caught in the drain under the sink. It wasn't. At this point I would have to rent a snake. I went to the rental place luckily just around the corner and all they had were mainline behemoths. He tried to push one on me, but i'm not shoving one of those down a mobile home kitchen sink drain.

Last resort was home depot. I figured for 40 bucks I got 25 feet of some type of cable attached to the end of my drill I should be able to get something moving. I had to pull the plug under the house to reach it and the snake was a piece of junk, but I won.

Needless to say she needs a new drain pipe under there. Undersized and not really strapped up properly, and looks like it goes uphill to tie into 3". So I let her know all of that and sent a bill to them via email today with all of my notes in there. She was happy despite the bigger issue at hand.

I don't really think I can buy the kind of advertising this is going to get me, and it only cost me 40 bucks.

:vs_cool:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments