Battery sump pump run time and recommendations

Yesterday I replaced a Myers sump pump. The owner wants a battery operated back up pump.

My supply house has Myers brand. I will look into the MBSP-3 Premium Smart Battery Back-up Sump Pump System 46 GPM

I will need to shop for a deep cycle battery. How much time to they run when power is out, 1 hour or 2?


My supply houses are not always reliable on getting things not in their inventory. What other popular brand and model would be another option?

Lastly I need to figure out a way to properly drain outside. We have snow in the winter and very cold temperatures. Right now its a taped up corrugated hose they dug a little bit extending 20 feet downhill. Since There is nothing in my code about it I'm looking for advice or pictures for outside installation. Maybe a 2" or 3" pipe, Should I put some screen against mice. Maybe an overflow tee or funnel?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments