Trade schools

Apprentices, what has been your experience with school?

I've seen some very good teachers, guys who know their stuff, but also understand how to teach it. That skill is not always intuitive though, and some people who have exceptional skills just do not understand how to explain or present things to others. In school the other day the teacher was trying to explain a very common installation to one guy who has never done it. Having done it many times myself, I still had a hard time following the explanation as it was given. I'm lucky that the boss is a very intuitive teacher, and he likes doing it despite having no formal training in education. Unfortunately I don't get to work with him as often as I'd like.

Teaching probably doesn't pay as well as other side jobs, so I guess that the best guys can make more money elsewhere, even if it is easier money sitting behind a desk.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments