No trade certificate or competency required!

I learned recently in my province that service work and renovations unless its a house expansion the employees can be anybody! No trade certificate, no experience, no trade school, nothing required! That means a pizza delivery guy can be a plumber or electrician the day after LEGALLY! I bet these guys don't even own a 200$ code book!

The company needs to be licensed and I also learned after I completed my 3 written contractor exams and my master plumbing exam that only a few year back all you needed to have for a master plumber or contractor licence was just to pay a fee, no exam required, no studying or knowledge!


I was wondering why customers who hired big plumbing companies had hack plumbing in their houses. I see a whole lot of bad dishwasher waste install. I tell customers it's like washing your dishes and rinsing them in the toilet before putting them back in their cupboards.

So what I did on my first page of my website is for customers to make an enlightened decision who they are going to hire. We'll see how that goes.
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments