Kitchen sink relocation and potential for blockages

I am moving a kitchen sink to a new location 12’ away from the exisitng sanitary tee. I plan to wrap the new 2” drain line around a wall (3 1/2” metal studs, non-structural) to the existing sanitary tee. A new vent line will be run back (also in the wall) to the the existing vent line.

The new setup adds 12’ of horizontal pipe (1/4” slope per foot) with 135 degrees of turns UNTIL I reach vertical pipe. 45 degrees after the trap arm and 90 degrees where the two walls meet.

Will the 135 degrees of turns and 12’ of pipe leave the drain more susceptible to blockages? Am I asking for trouble with this new setup? What can I do to mitigate blockages? I’m going to install a cleanout.

Garbage disposals are not allowed in the unit.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments