Hi All

Nontraditional first year apprentice here. In my 50s, changing careers after over 30 years in an unrelated industry. I should have done this 10 years ago.

I'm just starting school, and so looking forward to it. I love being a student.

I vividly remember the day and the exact location over 40 years ago where my father first taught me how to sweat a burst copper line under the camp he was building. It burst due to his inexperience at what many of you would laugh at as being a DIYer, but he had many friends in the trades who he was learning from by bits and pieces. I recently found a photo of him in that exact location which I'll try to post soon. I wish he was still here, he'd be very happy about my choice to change professions, and that it all started by something that he first taught me.

I'm devouring a lot of the old threads here, lots of good stuff. Looking forward to learning more, and to compare and contrast my life experiences with others in the trade, and yes to gripe about a few things. It seems that customers are the same no matter what line of work you're in.

I'm doing mostly service work, some light commercial and I'm loving new construction so far, renos slightly less. At this point I still don't know what I don't know, so may find other stuff out there that I like too, but did I say that I'm liking new construction?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments