Foreclosure inspection report

I get a phone call this afternoon from a foreclosure company that's 2 hours away in another city saying they have a house near me about 30 minutes and its been vacant for a while and the pipes froze. He wanted me to check what needed to be repaired and make a report. He said the key was in the combination lock box.
I found this odd because why would he call me, don’t they already have plumbing companies on hand?

He was about to give me the address without even asking for a price so I initiated it right there that I charged hourly. He was silent for a long few seconds, I then said if you want free you should call around because my services aren’t. He said no he wasn’t looking for free but it felt awkward. Anyway I told him the rate and it pretty much ended there.

Why would I go to a vacant house, no one to accompany me then file an inspection report and hope they send me a cheque in the mail? I’ve always been skeptical and on my guard when something unusual occurs.

Do thing like this happen to you guys often? What do you guys do in these types of strange situations?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments