Delta Faucet parts conundrum

I got a call this morning from a Delta faucet rep. I had sent a list of parts that I wanted last week. I had ordered from them directly. He tells me from now on all the parts can only be purchased via a supply house. They are no longer providing free internal parts. The original customer of the faucet has to call them with proof to get them free. I said that’s a little stupid because they called me in the first place because they can’t do it themselves. Am I supposed to go there dismantle it to see what’s wrong, shut the customers water for 2 weeks while they wait for parts in the mail and I go back when he receives them??

I get more calls about people wanting to have their drippy faucet fixed. I asked my supply house what other companies do, it turns out not many seem to order parts. How can that be with a shower valve or corner tub. Do they tell the customer sorry we gotta rip your tub surround and your walls to replace it!?

They are supposed to send me a price list. They have so many parts for different faucets that I’d have to be my own supply store. My supply store has nothing.

My question is should I invest in that. Its going to be in the thousands of dollars maybe as much as 3000-4000$ for only internal parts for a decent inventory. I can’t really go to a customer and only have a few things then saying sorry gotta order stuff. Maybe I can specialize in those repairs. Would that be a good idea?

In my area The majority of faucets are Delta, Moen and Belanger. I have a good stock of the last two. What do you service guys do, do you carry a combination of 100’s of parts or do you replace them?
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments