I think im underpaid

So I saw on this website the median pay for plumbers in Washington state where I'm from and I'm making a lot less than that. So I started thinking I can't remember the last time we're a company offered me the money I usually told them what I wanted to make and they accepted now that I think about it nobody's ever came back at me with a different number so I'm thinking I might have been shooting too low. When I started in 2004 in Utah I was making $8 an hour and a year-and-a-half later I was at 12 and then a year after that I went to a different company and they started paying me 15. Fast forward 2 years. I was off work because of the economy and when I came back to work I got a job at this place in Washington and they asked me what I wanted to make and thinking I was going to get one over on them I said 16. Keep in mind I'm a third-year plumber at this point. So I went through a couple companies through the years. Fast forward present day. I got a job offer from my girlfriend's brother at his company so I decided to go talk to him. And he asked me what I wanted to make and I told him 25. But keep in mind I have been playing since 2004 with about a two-year hiatus. The thing is it's a long story but I never kept track of my hours so I don't have any documented hours. Well I have them now but I didn't at the time. So I got about 12 years experience I could run a job I could do any sort of Plumbing there is service residential commercial. Only thing I don't have is my card. People say that I am an uncarded journeyman. So he doesn't have me running anything right now I'm just doing work like a journeyman would but I'm still an apprentice. But I'm thinking I shot way too low when I told him I wanted to make 25 an hour. I am in Washington state 12 years experience. So do you think somebody with my experience should be making more? Oh I forgot to add about 3 years ago I was making 28

CBB
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments