Plastic ball in water pipes?

So I go to replace a shower cartridge today after I did some work yesterday where I shut off the main water valve in the house and later that night they had no water in the shower upstairs. I replace the cartridge and from no water we now have cold but no hot water. I flushed out the lines before putting the new cartridge in. I end up seeing something at the valve inlet on the hot side and try to get it out but no luck. I cut the copper line going up to the valve and now at the top of the pipe is this little white ball floating in the pipe. Just a little bit smaller than the pipe. Since it was floating I guess it is plastic. Does any of you know what the heck it is and how it might have gotten in the waterlines?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments