Think I got someone fired friday....

Never had this happen to me before...

We installed a new Rheem heater in 2014 and the SS elements fried out in a few months, we replaced the elements and the same problem happenned again... So I changed out the heater and installed a warranty unit for free...

I told the owner that something fishey is probably wrong with the Electrical in the home and to get it checked out...

Then in sept of 2015 the heater fried out again......so I decided for the third and last time to change it out to keep this guy happy and installed a Bradford White with Incinoly elements in it.......
He claimed that he had an electrician out there and said nothing is wrong......

Well, Friday morning the heater fried out again.. I get the customer calling me on the phone telling me that the has two other plumbers at his home and they claim that I installed a 23 year old used water heater in his house...:laughing: and he wants to know what I am gonna do about it??
I asked him where in the hell would I get a 23 year old heater???

So they want to install him a new heater and dump the blame on me and this fellow now thinks I have been installing used heaters in his home ever since the first one.......great....

Then I said well, you watched me cut the heater out of a brand new box so how do you explain all this...??? And he comes back with you could have re-packaged the old heaters in a new box just to trick your customers:laughing:

I politely try to tell the customer that someone is lieing to you and blowing smoke up your ass right now........and its not me....:no::no:

We sort of tangle ass-holes for a short while and I tell him to text me a picture of the rating tag on the Bradford heater and I will call it in for myself to check.... and then I ask to talk to the num-nuts that are in the basement looking at the heater.......

The num-nut claims its a 23 year old heater and he has never seen elements like the ones on that heater before.....:whistling2: So I ask him for his bosses telephone number.....and he gives it to me...

I tell the owner I will give him a full refund if I can have the heater back and we argue about when he will get the money...like I am supposed to drop everything and come out there right now... I tell him we will do this on Sat morning.......

I call his boss on the phone and tell the guy I dont appreciate someone dumping on my work and claiming I screwed the customer because this guy is gonna jump on google and yelp and go nuts with some crappy reviews on me....

The picture of the rating tag comes to me and its a MH series which shows on line it was made in August of 2015....

I know this owner of the other company and he is ok and he realized that some "mistake" had happenned.... I tell him the story about how this is the third heater I have installed for this guy and now his dick is firmly inserted into this mess and its not my problem any more. :yes: :thumbup:

I call the customer back and tell him to look on line for himself and see when the heater was made.....and that the owner of this other company will be calling you shortly.......

Anyway .....about an hour passed and the customer calls me back to apologize about this whole thing and I say I understand but would still like to have the heater back...

then he tells me that they just decided to change the elements...:rolleyes:
I dont think I would have let those two num-nuts touch the heater if at one point they said that they never had seen elements like those before........I hope that they dont burn down the house.....


well that was my friday morning













Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments